Manage Your Wage and Tax Statement (W-2)

Opt to go paperless and receive electronic copies of your W-2s from the Employee Self-Service (ESS) screen.

Every year, your annual W-2 Wage and Tax Statement is posted in the HIP system.  The State of Hawaii will also issue a paper W-2 to anyone who has not consented to receive their W-2 electronically.  Your consent may be withdrawn at any time, but will become effective in January of each year when W-2s are printed.  If you are a former State of Hawaii employee, your W-2 will automatically be printed and mailed to you.

To update how you receive your W-2, you must be using a computer connected to the State of Hawaii’s secure network.


1. Login to the HIP portal and navigate to your ESS screen.

2. Click on the W-2/W-2c Consent tile.

3. You will be taken to the W-2/W-2c Consent form.  Checking the box, then clicking on the “Submit” button will give your consent to receive only electronic copies of your W-2.

4. If you’ve gone paperless, your current status will show “Consent received”.  If you wish to receive a paper W-2 again, click on the checkbox next to, “Check here to withdraw your consent to receive electronic W-2 and W-2c forms”.  Then click on the “Submit” button.  Your current status will then show, “Consent Withdrawn”.

Related Articles

How To Get Your Wage and Tax Statement (W-2)

Manage Your Tax Withholdings (W-4)

How To Get Your Pay Statement

Manage Your Direct Deposit

Manage Your Payroll Beneficiaries

Setup Your Payroll Address and Emergency Contacts

Last Updated: August 31, 2022

Tags: W-2, Wage and Tax Statement