Use the HIP system to submit your leave requests from the Employee Self-Service (ESS) screen.
You can change an existing leave request through the View/Modify Requests tile AFTER you’ve first canceled it in the Cancel Requests tile AND your supervisor has approved the cancellation. Please review the steps for How to Cancel a Leave Request
1. Login to the HIP portal and navigate to your ESS screen.
2. Click on the Time tile.
3. After canceling the request, click on the View Modify Requests tile to change it. NOTE: If you have more than one active job, make sure you select the correct one to request an absence for from the drop-down menu at the top.
4. A history of your past approved leave requests will appear. Click on a result to view the details of the request you would like to change.
5. Edit the details of your request including the Reason for leave, *Start/End Date, comments and be sure to attach any applicable documents to your leave request that may be required (i.e., a doctor’s note if your sick leave exceeds four days, or a parent-teacher conference form, etc.).
6. After editing the details of your request, you will need to click on the Check Eligibility button to ensure you have enough balance to cover your leave. A pop-up message will notify you if you are eligible or ineligible to take leave. If you are ineligible (do not have sufficient leave balance) to make a request, you will need to re-work the hours/dates or risk the possibility of incurring Leave without Pay (LWOP). Click on the Submit button when you are ready to submit your leave request.
7. After navigating back to the View/Modify Requests screen, notice the request status has changed from Canceled to Submitted and the date range has updated according to the request details that were submitted.
Here are some common scenarios that will help you figure out how to make changes to leave requests.
NEED HELP FAST?
Click here to find your Time or Leave Keeper.
Last Updated: August 31, 2022
Tags: Change Leave, Change Absence