Use the HIP system to request leave on behalf of your employees from the Manager Self-Service (MSS) screen.
1. Login to the HIP portal and navigate to your system role in the upper left-hand corner.
2. Click on the Manager Self Service option from the drop-down menu and from the MSS screen, click on the Assign Work Schedule tile.
3. From the Team Time screen, click on the Request Absence option from the menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
4. A list of your employees, current and retired/terminated will appear. Click on an employee or on their Directs/Total icons to select from their direct reports to employees to request an absence on behalf of. NOTE: Active employees’ names will be bold, inactive employees’ names will not be bold.
5. After selecting an employee to request an absence on behalf of, select the absence to request from the *Absence Name drop-down menu and click the “Submit” button.
6. Enter the leave details such as Reason and the Start/End Dates. If your employee is taking partial days off, click on the Partial Days section to select if your employee was on partial leave on the Start Day Only, Last Day Only, or All Days, and the amount of partial leave hours per day.
7. Scroll down to enter any comments or attach documents that may be necessary for reference and click on the “Check Eligibility” button to forecast. The HIP system will confirm if your employee has enough balance to cover the leave request.
8. If forecasting is successful, you may scroll back up and click on the “Submit” button to submit the leave request on behalf of your employee.
NEED HELP FAST?
Click here to find your Time or Leave Keeper.
Last Updated: September 21, 2022
Tags: Supervisor Request Absence, Request Absence For Employee