2008 Ballot Issue Committees
On November 4, 2008, voters decided on ballot issues, including the constitutional convention, rail transit, and various city and county charter amendments and initiatives.
Ballot issue committees register with the Campaign Spending Commission and advocate for or against an issue. This is a list of ballot issue committees that were registered with the Commission:
1. Committee for Balanced Transportation dba Go Rail Go
2. Hawaii Building and Construction Trades Council, AFL-CIO
4. Kapolei Property Development Transportation Committee
5. Pacific Resource Partnership Smart Growth Hui
6. Painting Industry of Hawaii Labor Management Cooperation Fund
7. Pro-Rail Committee of the Hawaii Carpenters Union
8. Pro-Rail Committee of the Hawaii Laborers’ Union
10. Support Rail Transit Association
5. National Education Association Ballot Measure Fund
6. Yes for Constitutional Convention
KAUAI CHARTER AMENDMENTS
1. Coalition for Responsible Government
You may find additional information on the committees, including their contributions received and expenditures made, by clicking on their name above or by clicking https://nc.csc.hawaii.gov/ncfspublic. There are no contribution limits to ballot issue committees.
Additionally, you may also review a committee’s Organizational Report to see who the Chairperson and Treasurer are by clicking the above-referenced link and clicking on “View Organizational Report” to the right of the name of the ballot issue committee.