Dissolution Files (1893-1993)

JJ Williams - Fort StreetWhat you’ll need:

What you’ll find:

  • Affidavits of Officers or Certificates of Presiding Officer
  • Articles of Incorporation, Articles of Association of Charter of Incorporation
  • Certificates of Involuntary Dissolution, Decrees of Dissolution, Certificates of Dissolution or Certificates of Merger
  • The Articles of Incorporation describe the beginning of a corporation and lists its officers while the Decree of Dissolution pronounces the end of a corporation
  • A file of a corporation involuntarily dissolved by the State for failure to file annual statements contains a Notice of Delinquency and a Certificate of Involuntary Dissolution, which were issued from 1973 by the Department of Regulatory Agencies. A voluntarily dissolved corporation’s file contains a Petition of Dissolution as well as a Trustee’s Report on the distribution of corporate assets.
  • Certificates of Amendment
  • Petitions for Amendment of Charter of Incorporation
  • Allowances of Amendment of Charter of Incorporation
  • Amended Charters of Incorporation
  • Amended By-laws
  • Certificates of Increase or Reduction of Capital Stock
  • Affidavits of Publication
  • Related correspondence

Dissolution files from 1893-1986 are available for viewing on microfilm MFL 81. From 1987-1993, they are available on microfiche MFL 81 FICHE.