When do I need to register with the Campaign Spending Commission (“Commission”) as a Candidate Committee?

Posted in

Registration with the Commission as a candidate committee is required within ten (10) days of the either event occurring: 1) You file nomination papers for a state or county office with the Office of Elections or County Clerk’s Office; or 2) You receive contributions or make or incur expenditures in an aggregate amount of more than $100.

Registering with the Commission means electronically filing an Organizational Report in the Candidate Filing System (“CFS”).  In order to access or login to the CFS, the candidate committee must complete and submit an Electronic Filing Form to obtain a username and password.

For more information, go to https://ags.hawaii.gov/campaign/main/register/.