Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is the Parking Office located?
869-A Punchbowl Street, between Queen and Halekauwila Street adjacent to the Transportation Building. Parking is available in the loading zone or public parking in Makai Garage.
- What do I need to add on a second car?
Submit copies of car registration, no-fault insurance, and driver’s license with a written request.
- How can I transfer from open to covered parking?
Check with your departmental parking coordinator for the wait list and quota for availability of space.
- Can I rent or lend my stall while I’m on vacation?
No, only when the person using stall is on temporary assignment to assignee’s position. A request needs to be submitted in writing through the departmental parking coordinator and forwarded to the Automotive Management Division Chief for approval.
- Can I get two gate cards?
No, only one gate card is issued per assignee, for security & control purposes.
- What do I need to do to cancel my parking?
Submit a written notice of cancellation twenty (20) days in advance of the cancel date to the Parking Control Office.
- How can we obtain parking for contractors?
Temporary parking can be provided if the Contractor submits a request in writing to the Automotive Management Division Chief with the following information:
Length of contract with the department
Number of vehicles requiring permits
- What happens to my parking when I’m on extended leave without pay?
If you are on leave without pay for longer than a pay period your parking will be cancelled unless you continue to pay in advance.
Can mail in payment to:
DAGS – Automotive Management Division
Parking Control Branch
P.O. Box 119
Honolulu, Hawaii 96810-0119