Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I have to do to rent a car?
Submit a written request to the Automotive Management Division to establish an account for your agency/program and the type and number of vehicles you wish to rent.
- Can I get a loaner vehicle?
Loaners are provided for Motor Pool vehicles requiring service or repairs.
- What time do you close?
On Oahu, the Motor Pool garage is open from 6:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday, excluding holidays; and on Maui the Motor Pool hours are from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday to Friday, excluding holidays.
- What do I do if I have a mechanical breakdown?
Call the Motor Pool first, if after hours refer to the phone numbers listed in the vehicle.
- Where do I fill gas?
Full service gasoline is available at the Motor Pool. Vehicles located in the rural areas will be issued a self-service gasoline charge card.
- Do State vehicles have to pay for parking in a metered stall?
Two hours of free parking is allowed in State owned parking stalls, (blue meters only). State vehicles are not exempt from street parking meters.
- Can I keep the vehicle overnight?
This is allowed upon written request and authorization by Automotive Management Division Chief.
- Does the Motor Pool repair non-Motor Pool vehicles?
Yes, we provide repair and maintenance services for State vehicles at reasonable cost.
- How can I make an appointment to have our car repaired?
Call the Motor Pool at 586-0345 for assistance and scheduling.
- Can I have an estimate for repairs?
Yes, We can provide an estimate after the vehicle is checked.
- How long will the vehicle be in for repairs?
Depends on the type of service or repair. Average is 1 to 2 days.