Hawaiʻi State Archives will open WEDNESDAYS through FRIDAYS starting December 2, 2020Posted on Nov 24, 2020 in HSA News
Thank you for your continued support and patience during these challenging times! We are happy to announce that we will be open on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday – from 9:00am to 4:00pm – starting December 2nd. Therefore, we will be open 3 times a week except on State Holidays until further notice.
For your safety and ours, please see the following rules and restrictions:
- Everyone will be required to properly wear a face covering (the mouth and nose are always covered) while in the facility
- A temperature check will be done before entry to the facility, and if the reading is too high you will be asked to leave
- All public will maintain physical distancing of 6 feet from one another and from staff
- There is a maximum of 8 researchers allowed at any time during our public hours
- If there is a waiting list (more than 8 people), your research time in the archives is limited to 2 hours from the time you checked in
- If you are traveling to Oʻahu from the neighbor island or out-of-state, please email us at [email protected] at least 2 business days before your confirmed arrival (please note any travel restrictions must be followed)
- Please visit https://ags.hawaii.gov/archives/ for more information and updates
Help us to flatten the curve and move forward Hawaiʻi! Spread Aloha and not COVID-19! Mahalo for your support and cooperation!
*NOTE: In order to provide access to the Public Research Room, the Archives is reliant upon the ʻIolani Palace State Monument being open to the public during regular business hours. At this time, DLNR and the Friends of ʻIolani Palace have designated Wednesday through Fridays as the days the park will be open to the public.