Hawaiʻi State Archives is Open to the Public Tuesdays through FridaysPosted on Nov 22, 2021 in HSA News
The Public Archives is open Tuesdays through Fridays from 9:00am to 4:00pm, except on State holidays. Our number one priority has always been the safety of our staff and the public, and so with the pandemic still amongst us, we must continue to be vigilant in protecting ourselves, our ʻohana, and community.
Please note the added restriction due to *Executive Order No.21-07 related to access to State properties, which requires everyone that comes into our facility to show proof of being either fully vaccinated or have a negative test result (tested within 72 hours of their visit) if their stay is longer than 15 minutes.
- Everyone the age of 12 and older will be required to show proof that they are fully vaccinated or a negative test result
- Official documentation of vaccination status – digital or hard copy accepted (fully vaccinated = 14 days after the 2-dose vaccine or 1 dose of Johnson & Johnson)
- Negative test result of a COVID-19 test (has to be taken within 72 hours prior to visit)
- Everyone will be required to show a valid government issued photo to verify vaccination status, as well as to register and check-in
- Everyone will be required to properly wear a face covering (the mouth and nose are always covered) while in the facility
- A temperature check will be done before entry to the facility, and if your temperature is too high you will be asked to leave
- All public will maintain physical distancing of 6 feet from one another and from staff
- There is a maximum of 8 researchers allowed at any time during our public hours
- If there is a waiting list (more than 6 people), your research time in the archives is limited to 2 hours from the time you checked in
- If you are traveling to Oʻahu from the neighbor island or out-of-state, please email us at [email protected] at least 2 business days before your confirmed arrival (please note any travel restrictions must be followed)
- Please visit https://ags.hawaii.gov/archives for more information and updates
Mahalo for your support and cooperation!
*For the full text of the Executive Order, please visit the following link: https://governor.hawaii.gov/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/2109041-ATG_Executive-Order-No.-21-07-distribution-signed.pdf
**NOTE: In order to provide access to the Public Research Room, the Archives is reliant upon the ʻIolani Palace State Monument being open to the public during regular business hours. At this time, DLNR and the Friends of ʻIolani Palace have designated Tuesday through Fridays as the days the park will be open to the public.
E hāmama kēia Hale Waihona mai ka Pōʻalua a i ka Pōʻalima
E hāmama kēia Hale Waihona mai ka Pōʻalua a i ka Pōʻalima -mai 9:00 kak a i ka 4:00 ʻaui – koe wale nā Lā Kulāia Mokuʻāina. ʻO ko mākou makakoho nui ka maluhia nō nā limahana me ke kaiāulu, a no ka hoʻomau ʻia ʻana o kēia maʻi ahulau, e mau ka maluhia no kākou iho, ko kākou ʻohana, me ke kaiāulu.
E ʻoluʻolu mai e nānā i ka lula hou a ke *Kauoha Mana Hoʻokō Helu. 21-07 i pili i ka ʻae komo i nā hale Mokuʻāina, e hōʻike nā kānaka a pau i hoʻōia lāʻau koʻokoʻo ʻia a i ʻole he hōʻike Covid ʻole (mai 72 hola o ke kipa ʻana mai) inā e lōʻihi ko lākou nohona ma luna o 15 minuke.
- E hōʻike nā kānaka a pau o ka oʻo 12 a ʻoi i ka hoʻōia lāʻau koʻokoʻo ʻia a i ʻole ka hōʻike Covid ʻole
- Palapala lāʻau koʻokoʻo ʻia ʻoiaʻiʻo – ʻae ʻia ke kope uila me ka palapala (Lāʻau koʻokoʻo piha ʻia – 14 lā ma hope o ka lāʻau koʻokoʻo ʻia a 2 a i ʻole 1 o Johnson me Johnson)
- Hōʻike COVID-19 ʻole (i ʻōlima ʻia ma loko o nā hola 72 ma mua pono o ke kipa ʻana mai)
- E hōʻike nā kānaka a pau i kekahi palapala i.d. kūhelu me kou kiʻi ma luna e kāinoa a komo ai
- E komo pono nō kēlā me kēia kānaka i nā pale ihu (kaupale ʻia ka waha me ka ihu) i nā manawa a pau ma loko o ke keʻena
- E ana piwa ʻia ma mua o ka ʻae ana e komo i loko, inā nō wela ka piwa e koi ʻia ana nō ʻoe e haʻalele
- ʻO ka lehulehu hoʻi e kaʻawale ʻia i 6 kapuaʻi mai kekahi i kekahi
- 8 wale nō ka nui o ka poʻe ʻimi noiʻi i ʻae ʻia i ka manawa hoʻokahi
- Inā ma ka papa kali he mau ʻimi noiʻi (i ʻoi i ka 8), e kaupalena ʻia ka manawa noiʻi i 2 hola mai kou manawa i komo ai
- Inā he hoa kipa ʻoe iā Oʻahu nei no kekahi moku ʻē aʻe a i ʻole kekahi ʻāina ʻē, e ʻoluʻolu e leka uila mai iā mākou ma [email protected] i 2 lā hana ma mua o kou hōʻea ʻana mai (e mālama ʻia nō nā kaupalena huakaʻi hele)
- E kipa aku iā https://ags.hawaii.gov/archives no ka ʻike a me ka hoʻopuka hou
Mahalo a nui no ko ʻoukou kākoʻo a me ka huliāmahi mai!
*E nānā i ke Kauoha Mana Hoʻokō piha ma: https://governor.hawaii.gov/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/2109041-ATG_Executive-Order-No.-21-07-distribution-signed.pdf
**E NĀNĀ MAI: I mea e hāmama ai kēia Hale Waihona Palapala Kahiko, ua koi ʻia e hāmama pū ka Pā o ka Hale Aliʻi ʻo ʻIolani i ka lehulehu i nā hola hana maʻamau. I kēia manawa, na ka ʻOihana DLNR lāua ʻo ka Hui Hoaloha o ka Hale Aliʻi ʻo ʻIolani i kuhikuhi aku i ka Pōʻalua a i ka Pōʻalima nā lā e hāmama ai ka Pā.