Administers the personnel management program for the department including such services as position classification and compensation employee relations, recruitment and evaluation, selection and placement, labor relations, employee training and development, safety, affirmative action and equal employment opportunity, personnel transactions and maintenance of personnel records.
- Administers all departmental personnel management activities.
- Advises the department’s director, administrators, managers and other employees regarding interpretation and application of appropriate personnel management practices; new and existing State and Federal personnel laws, rules, regulations, and policies; and collective bargaining agreements.
- Assists departmental units in planning for personnel needs.
- Plans, coordinates and conducts departmental recruitment, evaluation, selection, and placement; position classification and compensation; employee relations; labor relations; training and safety; and affirmative action and equal employment opportunity programs and activities.
- Serves as the department’s liaison unit with the Department of Human Resources and Development and labor organizations
- Supervises and coordinates the processing, recording, and reporting of all personnel transactions.
- Provides technical support services for personnel management programs.
- Maintains departmental personnel records.
The Personnel Office is located at 1151 Punchbowl Street, Kalanimoku Building, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813. Its mailing address is P.O. Box 119, Honolulu, Hawaii 96810-1019. The main office telephone number and TDD is 586-0369 and the fax number is 586-0349.
Personnel Officer: Dianne F. Matsuura