Central Services Division
Phone: (808) 831-6730 Fax: (808) 831-6750
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday from 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Acting Administrator: James Kurata
Central Services Division plans, coordinates, organizes, directs and controls a variety of centralized services. These services include: maintenance and repair of state buildings and facilities; mail and messenger services; custodial services in public buildings and health centers and grounds maintenance and beautification projects at the aforementioned State facilities. The Division also manages the statewide Energy Management and Conservation Program, Fire Safety and Prevention Program and coordinates the telecommunications services for the Department.
Custodial Program (AGS-231)
The Custodial Program services 68 assigned facilities, covering an area of 2.2 million square feet in major State buildings and health centers island wide and in the downtown civic center area. The major responsibilities of the Custodial Program are as follows:
- Provides building management services to occupants of public buildings, libraries and health centers.
- Provides janitorial services to assigned public buildings and health centers.
- Prioritizes repairs for assigned facilities.
- Is the primary DAGS liaison with facility occupants.
- Provides technical advice on minor office renovations.
- Provides messenger services to public facilities on the island.
Grounds Maintenance Program (AGS-232)
The Grounds Maintenance Program services 115 sites encompassing an area of 98 acres statewide. These sites include public office buildings, libraries, health and civic centers. Major responsibilities of the Grounds Maintenance Program are as follows:
- Performs lawn care, which includes mowing, weed control, sprinkler repair, “policing” of areas and trimming shrubbery.
- Provides refuse collection for 26 assigned locations on Oahu.
- Oversee an inventory of 5,000 trees and performs trimming for assigned locations.
- Manages a grounds beautification program for the downtown civic center area on Oahu and maintains a nursery to propagate plants for such projects.
Repairs and Alterations Program (AGS-233)
The Repairs and Alterations Program provides building repair, maintenance and alteration services for 164 facilities state-wide at State buildings, island wide, in the downtown civic center area, libraries and health centers. The major responsibilities of the Repairs and Alterations Program are as follows:
- Provide emergency, major and minor repairs and minor alterations to public buildings, libraries and health centers.
- Provide support to special functions, such as the Legislature Opening Day events, national ceremonies and Washington Place social gatherings.
- Provide overall engineering support in identifying and implementing energy conservation measures.
CENTRAL SERVICES DIVISION’S FORMSRequest for After Hours Air Conditioning Form (Excel Spreadsheet Rev. APR 2014)
Special Use Permit Form (CSD-SUP Form 1) For Using State Facilities and Instructions – Revised January 2011 (PDF Document)