Coronavirus (COVID-19) UpdatePosted in Main
The State of Hawaii confirmed its first cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the islands. As new developments emerge, the Hawaii Campaign Spending Commission (Commission) assures you that we will carefully monitor the evolving situation for any potential impact to our services. However, at this time, the Commission is fully operational and has implemented preventative measures in line with the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Hawaii State Department of Health. Our staff has been instructed on the importance of hygiene etiquette and staying home if they feel sick.
If you do not feel well and/or are unable to visit our office, the Commission offers the following options to stay connected with the Commission while taking care of yourself.
- Call us at (808) 586-0285 during government office hours (Monday-Friday, 7:45 am to 4:30 pm Hawaiian Standard Time)
- Go to our website at hawaii.gov/campaign which is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and consider familiarizing yourself with the available tool sets including guidebooks, manuals, and videos for candidate and noncandidate committees.
- Take advantage of our e-sign system to electronically file forms with the Commission.
- Pay any fines via credit card through the Commission’s website.
- Sign up for our e-blasts so you can obtain up-to-date information.
- Use our searchable database and data visualization tools to keep on top of campaign finance for the 2020 (and prior) elections.
Lastly, in the event the Commission needs to contact you, now is a good time to make sure that your contact information is current and updated in your Organizational Report. You can check by logging in to the Candidate Filing System or Noncandidate Filing System and clicking on “Edit Organizational Report” under the Administration tab to view your present Organizational Report.
The Commission remains committed to maintaining the integrity and transparency of campaign finance in the 2020 election, but as COVID-19 unfolds and impacts our communities, we may be required to make adjustments. As such, we encourage you to meet with your committees and prepare appropriately especially since disclosure reports will still need to be timely filed.
Please check our website for updates. As of now, the Commission intends to hold its Candidate Committee and Noncandidate Committee Trainings. If this changes, we will keep you posted.
Stay healthy and thank you for your kokua!