We will be Open on Thursdays and Fridays, Starting October 1, 2020Posted on Sep 24, 2020 in HSA News
Thank you for your patience and understanding during these challenging times! As the virus continues to impact our lives and communities, our number one priority is the safety of our staff and the public.
We will be open on Thursdays and Fridays starting October 1st (*see note below) from 9:00am to 4:00pm with the following restrictions. These restrictions are in accordance with the guidelines set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the proclamations and emergency orders mandated by our Governor.
- Everyone that enters the Archives will be required to properly wear a face covering (the mouth and nose are covered) at all times while in the facility
- A temperature check will be done before entry to the Public Research Room, to which if the reading is high you will be asked to leave
- All public will practice physical distancing and are asked to follow signs and/or directions from Archives staff
- To help maintain proper distancing, there is a maximum of 8 researchers allowed at any time during our public hours
- To allow everyone an opportunity to do research, if there is a waiting list (more than 8 people), your time in the archives is limited to 2 hours from the time you checked in
- If you are traveling to Oahu from the neighbor islands or out-of-state, and wish to visit us when we are open – please email us at [email protected] at least 2 business days before your confirmed arrival (please note any travel restrictions must be followed)
Help protect our kupuna, ʻohana, and friends by flattening the curve! Let us spread Aloha and not COVID-19! Mahalo for your support and cooperation!
*NOTE: In order to provide access to the Public Research Room, the Archives is reliant upon the ʻIolani Palace State Monument being open to the public during regular business hours. At this time, DLNR and the Friends of ʻIolani Palace have designated Thursdays and Fridays as the days the park will be open to the public.