The Hawaiʻi State Archives is still open TUESDAYS through FRIDAYS!Posted on Aug 16, 2021 in HSA News
Our number one priority has always been the safety of our staff and the public, and so due to dramatic increase in the number of positive cases, we have rearranged the Public Research Room to provide greater distancing between research tables. As a result, the maximum number of researchers in our public room will be six researchers at any given time starting August 17, 2021 until further notice.
The Delta variant and the daily high numbers has been alarming, therefore, to help minimize the potential exposure to our staff, kūpuna, ʻohana, and friends, we ask for your understanding during these challenging times.
Our public hours have NOT changed, as we are still open *Tuesdays through Fridays – from 9:00am to 4:00pm – except on State Holidays.
As a reminder, please see the following rules and restrictions:
- Everyone will be required to properly wear a face covering (the mouth and nose are always covered) at ALL times while in the facility. Please ensure that you are wearing a well fitted mask. One warning will be issued and then, for the protection of staff and other members of the public, you will be asked to leave upon a second notice.
- A temperature check will be done before entry to the facility, and if the reading is too high you will be asked to leave
- All public will maintain physical distancing of 6 feet from one another and from staff
- There is a maximum of 6 researchers allowed at any time during our public hours
- If there is a waiting list (more than 6 people), your research time in the archives is limited to 2 hours from the time you checked in
- If you are traveling to Oʻahu from the neighbor island or out-of-state, please email us at [email protected] at least 2 business days before your arrival (please note any travel restrictions must be followed) if you wish to reserve a 2-hour slot. NOTE: This slot guarantees a minimum of two hours per day, which you can stay longer IF there is NO wait list.
- Please visit https://ags.hawaii.gov/archives for more information and updates
Mahalo for your support and cooperation!
*In order to provide access to the Public Research Room, the Archives is reliant upon the ʻIolani Palace State Monument being open to the public during regular business hours. At this time, DLNR and the Friends of ʻIolani Palace have designated Tuesday through Fridays as the days the park will be open to the public.